[Libav-user] configure script fails for cross-compiling

Vikas Sawant vsawant at crestron.com
Tue Feb 5 18:30:28 CET 2013

Carl,

Here's the stripping error:
STRIP   ffmpeg
strip: Unable to recognise the format of the input file `ffmpeg'
make: *** [ffmpeg] Error 1

If I use assembly, I get into all sorts of "Error: selected processor does not support `XYZ'" errors. Here's one:

AS      libavcodec/arm/ac3dsp_arm.o

./libavutil/arm/asm.S: Assembler messages:

./libavutil/arm/asm.S:134: Warning: stray `\'

./libavutil/arm/asm.S:135: Warning: stray `\'

./libavutil/arm/asm.S:143: Warning: stray `\'

libavcodec/arm/ac3dsp_arm.S:30: Error: selected processor does not support `it gt'

make[1]: *** [libavcodec/arm/ac3dsp_arm.o] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vsawant/latest_mplayer/mplayer_arm/ffmpeg'

make: *** [ffmpeg/libavcodec/libavcodec.a] Error 2

I use FreeScale iMX27 that uses Processor : ARM926EJ-S rev 4 (v5l) . The toolkit doesn't have YASM, but the configure script needs one. That's why I have to disable it. arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc is used for assembly.

As with -disable-everything, we only need a limited set of audio codecs such as WMA and none of the video codecs. So the first thing was to build the libraries using the cross-compiler and then enable just the needed codecs. You have any suggestions?

-Vikas

This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged and confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any reading, dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.