[Libav-user] ff_log2_tab defined multiple times in the fmpeg 1.1 libraries, bug or feature ??

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 18:23:04 CET 2013

On Feb 13, 2013, at 18:14, Lars Hammarstrand wrote:

> In general doing "#include ../common/source.c" with global variables is probably a bad idea if you want to avoid duplicate symbols in "public" libraries.

Agreed, hence my question if there's a reason for the duplicate definition. I'm guessing it just never tripped an error, though.

> /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang++ -arch i386 <SNIP> -filelist /Users/lars/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/XBMC-cowrsziekmorhqejlbarbpswsqbh/Build/Intermediates/XBMC.build/Debug/XBMC.build/Objects-normal/i386/XBMC.LinkFileList -mmacosx-version-min=10.6 -headerpad_max_install_names -all_load
                                                                                            ^^^^^^^^^

There's your explanation (from `man gcc`):
       -all_load
           Loads all members of static archive libraries.  See man ld(1) for more information.

Now the question is of course, do *you* need that option, linking what appears to be an executable?