[Libav-user] ff_log2_tab defined multiple times in the fmpeg 1.1 libraries, bug or feature ??

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 19:13:02 CET 2013

On Feb 13, 2013, at 18:55, Lars Hammarstrand wrote:

> > There's your explanation (from `man gcc`):
> >       -all_load
> >           Loads all members of static archive libraries.  See man ld(1) for more information.
>
> Good eyes and a very observant mind, thank you very much ;-)

Bah, who knows what font size I have in my mail reader? ;)

IIRC, -all_load is mostly/only of interest when creating libraries from other (static) libraries, to ensure that all functions/modules get pulled in. I don't really see the interest when linking an application, unless of course you want to enable plugins to dlsym variables or functions that the app doesn't use itself. And I'm not sure if I find that better practice than defining global variables multiple times in public libraries ;)

R.