[Libav-user] Passing DVD NAV packets to demuxer

Richard peper03 at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 15 22:17:50 CET 2013

On 11/02/13 12:18, peper03 at yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a 'correct' way to pass DVD NAV packets back to a demuxer?  At the moment, we're calling 'av_read_frame', which eventually lands in a function which interfaces with libdvdnav to retrieve the DVD packets.  The DVD NAV packets contain private streams (start code 0x1bf), which are explicitly filtered out by mpegps_read_pes_header.
>
> So is there a way to get these packets back to the demuxer keeping them in-sync with the 'normal' packets?
>
> Apologies if there is an obvious solution to this.  I'm very new to this code.  I've hunted round but not found an answer.

In case it makes it any clearer, I'm talking about packets with start
code 0x1bf (PRIVATE_STREAM_2).  These packets are explicitly skipped in
mpegps_read_pes_header() but I don't really understand why as they are
chock-full of metadata and can always be ignored by the caller if
they're really not interested.

I'd be very grateful for any information on this subject as it's
incredibly difficult to pass these packets back via any other route and
re-sync them with the other packets.

Richard.