[Libav-user] Demuxers and probing

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Feb 19 10:44:50 CET 2013

 <valentinoffner at ...> writes:

> But now, if i try to open a specific audio file,
> both demuxers send AVPROBE_SCORE_MAX

I believe this indicates that your probing functions
are broken (ie: This should not happen).

[...]

> So, my questions are :
> -my problem can come from other thing that this 2 demuxers ?

> -what happen if 2 demuxers get same score ?

Same score is not necessarily a problem, but if
one demuxer returns MAX on probing, probing stops
afair (so the other demuxer that would also return
MAX is never probed).

> I've to recode demuxers to get 2 different scores
> or ffprobe can choose one of them ?

You can force a demuxer from the command line.

Carl Eugen