[Libav-user] FFmpeg.framework

francesco at bltitalia.com francesco at bltitalia.com
Thu Feb 21 08:55:36 CET 2013

Great Renè, Great ! ! !
I'm interested.
Thanks

At 18.43 20/02/2013 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello
>
>FYI
>
>More or less as a result of the discussion about the ff_log2_tab multiply
defined issue, I started toying with the possibility to pull in all members
of static archives ... and ended up creating an Xcode project that generates
an OS X FFmpeg framework this way.
>Initially I've done this in a normal build directory created inside the
main FFmpeg source tree; I made a 2nd project which gets the files from a
MacPorts installation.
>A few quick tests suggest the framework is a fully functional replacement
for the standard shared libraries; ffplay links against it (and a number of
external dependencies) and appears to run perfectly fine. The MacPorts-based
framework builds in universal 32/64 bit, the framework based on the regular
build has been tested in 32bit mode only (i.e. the project will have to be
adapted to support universal builds)

>If there's any interest in this kind of build, I can polish the Xcode
project a bit, and post it somewhere.