[Libav-user] Sample code for encoding s16le PCM file to (u-law, a-law, gsm, or etc.) file?

Joe Flowers joe.flowers at nofreewill.com
Fri Feb 22 00:26:43 CET 2013

Hello Everyone,

I have been looking in the ...\ffmpeg-1.1.2\doc\examples\ folder for
sample code for encoding a s16le PCM file to (u-law, a-law, gsm, or
etc.) but have not been able to find one. The examples seem to all
start from a synthetically encoded sample within the code, but I need
to start with reading the data from a file that is just s16le PCM
encoded audio file.

Does anyone have C sample/example code for this please?

Thanks!!!

Joe