[Libav-user] Converting audio sample buffer format

Brad O'Hearne brado at bighillsoftware.com
Sat Feb 23 02:11:40 CET 2013

On Feb 22, 2013, at 4:27 PM, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Please read this article if you need more information:
> http://blog.pkh.me/p/13-the-ffmpeg-libav-situation.html

Wow, now that's a read for a Friday, make no mistake. Its like the programmer version of Game of Thrones. Well anyway, I have no idea which clan I'm now communicating with, or with the mailing list being "Libav-user" but having arrived here via FFmpeg where in the terrain that places me, but suffice to say I'm both ignorant of and ambivalent to all of it -- please consider me one of the unimportant masses as far as those matters go -- I'm just a simple mechanic trying to assemble nuts and bolts.

I'm having intermittent flashbacks of wanting to resample an audio frame from one format to another, so I'm going to try to get back to the island (LOST reference)

 ;-)

Thanks for the tip on libswresample, I'll proceed with it.

Brad