[Libav-user] Converting audio sample buffer format

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 19:11:19 CET 2013

On Feb 25, 2013, at 18:57, Brad O'Hearne wrote:

> On Feb 25, 2013, at 10:43 AM, "René J.V. Bertin" <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm building for 64-bit. But anyway, I'm not sure that changing rounding necessarily solves the problem, as any approach could result in 0 -- perhaps not for a selected sample, but eventually, for other random samples, I would think it possible.

True enough, I should have seen that too of course.

Another thought - the divisor is *probably* the input range (multiplied by something like SHORT_MAX or SHORT_MAX/2). I don't see any specification of the input range in your sample code, I presume you have checked that it corresponds to what swr_convert expects?