[Libav-user] Dump unmodified MPEGTS from RTSP streaming server

Julian Herrera julian.herrera at tvgenius.net
Thu Feb 28 13:11:41 CET 2013

On 28/02/2013 12:02, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:
> Julian Herrera <julian.herrera at ...> writes:
>
>> After few modifications to libav, it is now able to
>> download and play the stream directly from the box.
>
> Please don't forget to send any bug-fixes to ffmpeg-devel.

Thank you for your quick reply! I don't think the modifications I've
done are really bug-fixes, it's just this box that has an unofficial way
to setup RTSP streams.

> I can't really comment on the stream-dump question from
> a FFmpeg point-of-view, but afaict, you should simply start
> dumping everything that comes from the protocol reader to
> a file as soon as the user starts time-shift.
>
> Carl Eugen

I've tried to save into a file whatever pkt->data contains at the end of
the rtsp_read_packet() function. But the result isn't a playable mpegts
file, unfortunately. I don't know what I'm missing.

Julian Herrera