[Libav-user] change pixel format without scaling data ? // more 1

jim morgenstern jmorgie at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 5 16:55:24 CET 2013

I have 10 bit data;  I am converting from say YUV422 to YUV444 or RGB etc.;
swscale is useful for changing the pixel format.  But I find that my 10bit
data is getting scaled to 16 bit such that when I output only 10bits I have,
well, wrap around etc.  I am not asking ffmpeg to rescale the data
automatically, I want the scale left alone.

So a) is there a better way to change pixel format?  B) a way to turn off
gray-level scaling ??