[Libav-user] =?utf-8?q?Deprecated_flag_CODEC=5FFLAG2=5FINTRA=5FVL?==?utf -8?q?C_and_CODEC=5FFLAG2=5FNON=5FLINEAR=5FQUANT?=

francesco at bltitalia.com francesco at bltitalia.com
Mon Jan 21 09:53:27 CET 2013

At 17.59 18/01/2013 +0000, you wrote:
> <francesco at ...> writes:
>
>> I update my project from ffmpeg libavcodec library
>> version 0.7.11 to the 1.0 one.  In this last the flags
>> CODEC_FLAG2_INTRA_VLC and CODEC_FLAG2_NON_LINEAR_QUANT
>> are deprecated and not defined at all. When I compress
>> in mpeg2 4:2:2 format the output is unreadable for QT
>> (white screen)
>
>It is difficult to parse your mail.
>Apart from the fact that 1.0 is (nearly) outdated now:
>Are the mentioned flags deprecated or not defined at all?
>Is the mpeg2 problem related to the flags? Is it
>reproducible with ffmpeg (the executable).
>
>(Does QuickTime really support 4:2:2?)
>
>Carl Eugen

Dear Mr Eugen
I apologize if I was not clear in explaination. I am using ffmpeg libraries
inside my code (not using the ffmpeg.exe) in order to create a mov file both
in D10
and in xdcam format for avid. Using old libraries the final file works, that
is you
can see it on QT and importing it on avid.  Inserting new libraries, the
result is in
a white screen.  With the new libraries, the only difference is in settings
flag2,
that is the original code:

 pQTCodecCtx->flags =  CODEC_FLAG_INTERLACED_DCT | CODEC_CAP_AUTO_THREADS;  ;
 pQTCodecCtx->flags |= CODEC_FLAG_LOW_DELAY;  // Specific for AVID IMX 50
 pQTCodecCtx->flags2 =  CODEC_FLAG2_INTRA_VLC | CODEC_FLAG2_NON_LINEAR_QUANT;

is changed bypassing the last line (the two codec flag are not defined at all).
Now the result is that the final mov file doesn't work (white screen on QT
and on
avid media composer).
If you give me your mail I can send you the piece of code with all settings.
best regards