[Libav-user] Detecting bit rate from live stream

Taha Ansari mtaha.ansari at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 08:34:53 CET 2013

Hi kalileo,

Thanks for the reply, yes I just tried this - i.e. looking at following
code:

    if(avformat_find_stream_info(this->pFormatCtx, NULL)<0)
        return -1; // Couldn't find stream information

    // Dump information about file onto standard error
    av_dump_format(this->pFormatCtx, 0, this->finalInputName.c_str(), 0);

At time of opening up decoder for live udp stream (like:
udp://localhost:8765/a.h264) is still giving me bit_rate '0'.