[Libav-user] HW decoding on Android

Abel Alonso abelalon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 13:04:25 CEST 2013

2013/7/5 Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at>

Iirc, you were able to work-around that problem:
> Does libstagefright decoding with ffmpeg work now or not?

Yes, I can work-around this problem. Will do it when I have time.

> Why is this used sometimes and sometimes not?
> (iiuc)

This format is a Qualcomm one, so I guess that some Qualcomm devices uses
it. I test my app on LG Nexus 4 and Sony Xperia Tablet Z and both of them
uses that format. So, I think that when I compile FFmpeg with
libstagefright support, it won't  work. Once I have free time, I will test
this.