[Libav-user] Using Libav to Create an RTSP Stream

Aaron Goldstein aaronmgoldstein at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 09:48:44 CEST 2013

Hi Everyone,

I apologize if this is a dumb question, but I've been looking around for a
couple days now for an example of using the libav* libraries to stream a
video file across a network via the RTSP protocol. I've had this capability
working by using ffmpeg to stream to an ffserver (which then would stream
to anyone who requested), but I'd like to 1.) do this in a single
application, and more importantly to me 2.) learn how to do it.

I know I can just look in the ffmpeg source code, but it's my last resort -
does anyone have any recommendations for how to do this? or any learning
material you've come across on this topic?

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Aaron