[Libav-user] ffmpeg 2.0 aacdec.c depends on ape?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Fri Jul 12 20:44:24 CEST 2013

John Orr <john.orr at ...> writes:

> The ffmpeg 2.0 version of libavformat\aacdec.c now
> contains some reference to APE.  In includes apetag.h
> and calls ff_ape_parse_tag().
> It did not do that in ffmpeg 1.2.

Yes, we do try to improve FFmpeg between releases;-))

> When I tried to upgrade from 1.2 to 2.0, I found I
> had a link failure.

> When I compile ffmpeg for my own purposes, I usally
> disable most demuxers and decoders.

Please at least provide your configure line.
Additionally, run make ffmpeg several times
and provide the complete, uncut console output
of the last call.

Unrelated:
Your description sounds as if you are not a
distributor, if you are not a distributor,
please do not use a release, but try a
current version from git.

Carl Eugen