[Libav-user] Using libav to demux multiple programs from multi-program stream

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Thu Jul 25 13:03:34 CEST 2013

Adi Shavit <adishavit at ...> writes:

> > > If so, how can I get the "program name" in a
> > > named stream to know which one I'm processing?
> >
> > See AVFormatContext->programs[] and
> > av_find_program_from_stream() and friends.
>
> What's the relationship between "programs" and streams?

(You mentioned programs, as said, I may have
misunderstand.)
In transport streams, audio and video streams
typically belong to a program, see ffmpeg -i file.ts for
an example.

> I can see av_find_program_from_stream() in my header
> file, but I can't seem to find it in the docs here:
> http://libav.org/doxygen/master/avformat_8h_source.html

avconv contains several hundred known bugs not present in
FFmpeg, some of them security-relevant, please understand
that we cannot support it here.
See http://blog.pkh.me/p/13-the-ffmpeg-libav-situation.html
for more information.

See http://ffmpeg.org/doxygen/trunk/avformat_8h_source.html