[Libav-user] Reducing the Frame-Rate of a Network Video Stream

Adi Shavit adishavit at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 11:35:19 CEST 2013

Hi Mike,

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 11:13 AM, mikeversteeg <mike at mikeversteeg.com> wrote:
> Check the PTS of each frame and use that to decide whether to throw it out or
> not.

Ah, thanks.
These will give me the play-timestamps, right?

> That way there is no need to decode frames you won't be using.
Do you mean, no need to PROCESS, not decode.
Don't I have to decode all frames?
If I could not-decode (via the decoder) some of the frames that would
be great and further save cpu. Can I do that, just skip some encoded
frames? Wouldn't that mess up the following frames?

Thanks,
Adi