[Libav-user] Reverse playback

Gonzalo Garramuno ggarra13 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 22:26:34 CEST 2013

I am wondering what is the best method to use in reverse playback.
Currently I seek to some frame and decode all images/sounds that are
smaller than that frame (keeping a cache of frames).
This works rather well for most movies, except with the internal cached
buffers of ffmpeg.  I've tried flushing the buffers each time but this
does not work well (I get green frames or noise frames).
I assume I am not the first to attempt this, so any help is appreciated.