[Libav-user] flv/h264/rtmp live video streaming

Kalileo kalileo at universalx.net
Fri Jun 14 14:56:57 CEST 2013

On May 11, 2013, at 22:14 , Mike Versteeg wrote:

> Is x264 capable of live video streaming, i.e. constant bitrate? I'm
> asking because I cannot get any acceptable quality from it when using
> bitrates < 1 Mbps, not even for static images. Only if I set qcompress
> to a very low value does the quality improve, but it also seems to
> skyrocket the bitrate considering the buffering I see in the
> downstream.

Bitrate alone does not mean much, if you don't mention the resolution.

in my opinion libx264 provides great quality, we use it a lot in streaming, and usually libx264 beats any other encoder at similar bitrates.

In order to make it possible to help you you would have to be much more specific about what you do, which settings and options you use, and what result you get, or want.