[Libav-user] HW decoding on Android

Abel Alonso abelalon at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 22:45:19 CEST 2013

Hi!

I'm developing a video player for Android devices using FFmpeg. This video
player is already capable to play videos without hardware acceleration. As
far as I know, since 0.9 version, FFmpeg can H/W decode H.264 files on
Android devices, but I didn't found documentation on this subject. I guess
that the way to do it, is using --enable-libstagefrihgt-h264 during FFmpeg
compilation and link against the needed Android's .so files.

But once I get FFmpeg compiled. Have I to change my current code to ask
FFmpeg for use libstagefright decoder? Is there any other way to decode
H.264 files on Android devices using H/W acceleration (libva or libvdpau)?
Any suggestions?

Thanks!