[Libav-user] libav-user list post!

RenE J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 09:22:07 CET 2013

On 4 Mar 2013, at 07:07, thanh nhan thanh nhan <nhanndt_87 at yahoo.com> wrote:

Dear libav-user list admin,
I wanna post the following message on thi mailing list:

*I am developing pcm decoding using ffmpeg libraries in Linux. I
successfully built my program. The problem is the executable file size is
very big ( ~ 63Mb) even though i just used few functions on audio decoding.
I wanna downsize the executable file as much as possible. I think the
problem is on the linking process. I made the Makefile with:*
*     "g++ -L/usr/lib64 -L/usr/local/lib -g -o x2pcm main.o util.o
-lavformat -lavcodec -lavutil -lswresample -lvorbis -lx264 -lmp3lame -logg
-lvorbisenc -lvpx -lpthread -lz"*
*Is there any suggestion for me to solve this problem?*
*Thanks in advance!*
**
Regards,

What is the size you get when linking without the -g option? Also, are you
using static or shared libraries, and why are you linking in video
libraries if you're only doing decoding?