[Libav-user] Packing Raw AAC in MPEGTS & Extradata

Danny Chami danchami at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 9 14:52:15 CET 2013

Hi All,
I am writing an app that takes raw AAC packets generated by a HW encoder I have no control over, and I am inserting these directly into an AVPacket (copying directly to Pkt.data).
however when I pass to the mpegts mux, I am getting this error " [mpegts @ 0x91b3600] AAC bitstream not in ADTS format and extradata missing"
It seems, I have to set the extra data field as the stream is not in ADTS format.. any idea how / what I need to set the extradata to?
Done quite a bit of searching with no luck. I am using 44,100 sample rate, 64000 bit rate and 2 channels. I also need this for 1 audio channel.
Any pointers would be much appreciated.
Thanks,Danny