[Libav-user] Building with MSVC toolchain resulting in seeking problem?

"René J.V. Bertin" rjvbertin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 12:02:01 CET 2013

On Mar 12, 2013, at 11:52, Bjoern Drabeck wrote:

> > I have got that to build, however compared to builds
> > from the zeranoe site (and also builds I have asked a
> > friend of mine to make for me using mingw with gcc),
> > I always end up with seeking problems.

Just guessing here, but it does not seem impossible that the extra steps required to build using MSVC introduce some sort of glue code, and that might include seek-related code that is particularly non-optimal.

Is there any reason to build ffmpeg with MSVC, rather than using mingw with msys or a mingw cross-compiler on a simple linux VM?