[Libav-user] about channel_layout in AVCodecContext

黄轩宇 xuanyu.huang at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 02:47:34 CET 2013

Hi Guys,

I'm using libswresample to convert audio between different sample format
(planar format to packed format).

To init swcontext I need input audio channel_layout.

But today I found a video, when avcode_open called on it to get audio
codec, the returned AVCodecContext
has channels field 1, but channle_layout 0.

Since 0 channle_layout will cause swcontext init error, I'd like to know
what 1 channels but 0 channel_layout means
and if there's a workaround so that I can call sw resample successfully?

Great thanks!