[Libav-user] Reference app with ffmpeg n1.2 libs that works on IOS ?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sat Mar 30 15:50:54 CET 2013

Lars Hammarstrand <lars.hammarstrand at ...> writes:

> If this really is a regression, please consider
> using git bisect to find the version introducing
> it. (This isn't trivial with FFmpeg, but I will
> support you.)
>

> Ok, thanks - although I believe it will be a quite
> lengthy and cumbersome process

It usually takes me <15 minutes, but arguably I know
what to do.
As said, I can help you.

> as xbmc currently is based on ffmpeg version 0.10.2

I may misunderstand: Is the crash only reproducible
with xbmc and not with FFmpeg?
If yes, the bisect will probably not help because
the reason is something like a unsufficiently aligned
buffer within xbmc.
If the crash is reproducible with FFmpeg, you don't
need xbmc to test.

> What do you say about regression testing the binary
> way and start somewhere in the middle. What version
> do you suggest we start with?

The optimal version to start is of course the one
you know is working fine (if I suggested one "in
the middle" it would not save you more than one
compile).

If you know that 0.10.2 is working, you could
start with 3c5fe5b (that will save you one
compile).

Carl Eugen