[Libav-user] Reference app with ffmpeg n1.2 libs that works on IOS ?

Lars Hammarstrand lars.hammarstrand at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 20:55:55 CET 2013

2013/3/30 Alex Cohn <alexcohn at netvision.net.il>

> On Sat, Mar 30, 2013 at 9:49 PM, Lars Hammarstrand
> <lars.hammarstrand at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Cool - didn't know that ffplay was able to run on ios "bare-metal" !!
> Ssh to
> > the device and start ffplay, just that simple?  Must test this at
> once... :)

Bad news, it seems that ffplay is not supported on ios, just ffprobe ffmpeg
and ffserver ;-( If you find a pointer that says otherwise please mail me.
I'll guess kxmovie is up for a run...

You could try this link for example:
> http://care2achieve.wordpress.com/tag/ffmpeg-for-ios

Thanks although I've seen that before and unfortunately
they don't utilize settings for hw opts for iDevices like xbmc and kxmovie.