[Libav-user] Best way to create a fractional ms timer?

Mike Versteeg mike at mikeversteeg.com
Sun Mar 31 13:14:20 CEST 2013

Thanks Alex. This is much like I do now (using Sleep()), but as I mentioned
the problem with these one shot timer solutions is the event is easily
interrupted giving me +/- 10 ms inaccuracy at times. I ran tests and a
periodic timer gives off a much more stable clock. Unless Sleep() itself is
more susceptible to interrupts than Select()?

So libav* does not offer a periodic timer (with OS interdependency as a
bonus)? Certainly explains why I could not find any, which kind of
surprised me..