[Libav-user] Question:Reading ID3 info from a private stream

Gary Overall goverall at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 31 17:23:59 CEST 2013

I have a TS file that presently includes 3 streams:1) h264 Video 2) aac audio 3) See Below

The third stream contains some data that is being presented in ID3 format.  The stream has a stream-ID of 0xBD (stream type private??). There are several packets (e.g. 5) of this type spread throughout the file, each with it own PTS.  The libav functions identify the stream as AVMEDIA_TYPE_AUDIO and AV_CODEC_ID_MP3 but cannot find a codec for this stream. Even though I know there are several (e.g. 5) of these packets spread through the file, each with its own data and PTS, av_read_frame (and ffprobe) gives me only one packet back. The payload data for that single packet contains a concatenation of the data from all (5) packets from this stream. The PTS for this single packet is the PTS for the first of these packets.  For my purposes, it does not matter that this stream is mis-identified as an mp3 stream because the data is still available in the packet, but I am trying to find a way to get these back as individual packets, each with its own PTS.  Does anyone have intuition regarding why these packets are being consolidated into one? I really don't know the details of why these data packets are in ID3 format, but I do know it is important for me to have the PTS values of each of these packets individually.

Thank you in advance for any help.