[Libav-user] avcodec_decode_audio4() help

Kalileo kalileo at universalx.net
Fri May 3 06:30:02 CEST 2013

On May 3, 2013, at 07:09 , Gonzalo Garramuno wrote:

> I have a problem with the latest releases of ffmpeg.  I was using code that mimicked the code in avcodec_decode_audio3 calling avcodec_decode_audio4.  However, when I use that code now I get a frying pan noise when playing the audio in my viewer.  I reverted to avcodec_decode_audio3 again and it shows as deprecated but I also get the frying pan noise.
> I looked at ffplay and I almost fainted how much the code for avcodec_decode_audio4 is.
> Can someone guide me through the avcodec_decode_audio4 with some example simpler than ffplay.c?
> Lots of thanks in advance.

It might help if you add more info, such as what kind of audio you're working with (which shows the problem), and if there's any kind of audio which does not show this effect.

If you decode aac, then you might get hit by the change to planar format, which happened November 16, 2012 in the ffmpeg sources (although the effect is usually not a 'frying pan noise').