[Libav-user] avcodec_decode_audio4() help

Gonzalo Garramuno ggarra13 at gmail.com
Mon May 6 18:33:29 CEST 2013

On 06/05/13 11:51, Gonzalo Garramuno wrote:
> On 05/05/13 21:40, Gonzalo Garramuno wrote:
>> On 03/05/13 01:30, Kalileo wrote:
>>> If you decode aac, then you might get hit by the change to planar
>>> format, which happened November 16, 2012 in the ffmpeg sources
>>> (although the effect is usually not a 'frying pan noise').
>>>
>> The change happened between ffmpeg-1.0.6 (which works fine) and
>> ffmpeg-1.1.4 (which does not).
I placed a print statement with:

const char *av_get_sample_fmt_name(enum AVSampleFormat sample_fmt);

and the return value for 1.0.6 is s16, while for 1.1.4 is fltp, which I
assume is float planar.

Does this mean I need to use the swresample library to resample the
sound to s16 which the audio card can play?