[Libav-user] Force ffplay to play video for a given fps

Mert Gedik gedikmert89 at gmail.com
Fri May 10 09:42:12 CEST 2013

Hello team,

I am working on a security application to show 16 cams at the same time. To
be able to  do that I think, reducing the fps is a good idea. (maybe it
isn't, I am not sure...)

I can do it this modifying my stream player to refresh it's video view for
a specific time interval but this may cause to break my AV sync algorithm.
So, best way to do that is tell the fps to ffplay via option method.

1-2 years ago someone tried to make a patch for this but it was rejected
and I don't know what was happened later...

does anyone here know about this ?
Also, is the above idea the right way to show 16 cams at the same time..?

- Mert