[Libav-user] Reference app with ffmpeg n1.2 libs that works on IOS ?

Will Price wprice at cyphers.net
Sat May 11 05:47:39 CEST 2013

The gas linked below from the mansr github fork did not resolve this error
that occurs throughout the build process for ffmpeg for iOS:

Unable to identify target architecture at /usr/bin/gas-preprocessor.pl line
82.
AS libavcodec/arm/dsputil_arm.o
[and hundreds more like that afterwards...]

Yet, it sounds like Lars has gotten past that error somehow. I put the
mansr version of gas into both /usr/bin and /usr/local/bin just to be safe,
but no luck. I am sure that is the gas being used because if I introduce
intentional bugs in that script everything fails immediately. It sure feels
like a remaining bug in the gas script itself, but perhaps I'm missing
something?

The build completes even with those errors. The errors occur when building
armv7 and armv7s architectures, but not i386. It feels like this gas may
not understand armv7 vs armv7s?