[Libav-user] # of audio samples, calculated vs. codec context

Brad O'Hearne brado at bighillsoftware.com
Tue May 21 17:35:36 CEST 2013

On May 21, 2013, at 7:05 AM, Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/21/13, Brad O'Hearne <brado at bighillsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> I'm safe to conclude you are troller.

In the interest of civility and productivity, let's dispense with this kind of discourse. All it does is intimidate others from posting their questions for fear of getting blasted, and it raises a serious question for businesses as to whether including FFmpeg as a part of a commercial endeavor is support liability -- I don't think any of us wants that. I'm not interested in conflict and enemies, I'm interested in peace and friends, so Paul, if you ever get to Gilbert, AZ, or by chance you are going to be at the WWDC in a few months, hit me off-list, and we can hook up and I'll buy you a drink.

To the technical issue -- I've presented a valid issue that effectively breaks the resampling -> encode approach if using the resampling_audio.c example. All I'm asking for is whether or not FFmpeg can handle this, and if not, confirmation that the API can't. If you have an actual answer to the question, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks,

Brad