[Libav-user] Intermittent heap crash with Visual Studio 2005

Rothkin, Steve (NY81) Steve.Rothkin at Honeywell.com
Wed May 22 22:38:59 CEST 2013

> > I have not been able to successfully build it with VS2005, 2008, 2010,
> > or 2012. I tried the instructions at
> > http://ffmpeg.org/platform.html#Microsoft-Visual-C_002b_002b
> > but I got failures in make
>
> Would you like to tell us about those failures?
>
> Carl Eugen

OK, it turns out my installation of MSYS was bad. After uninstalling/reinstalling/reconfiguring I was finally able to get it to build with Visual Studio 2012. The crash seems to go away with this build (even though from the same source of FFMPEG) so perhaps something wasn't good about the way I originally cross-compiled it in cygwin. Anyway I can see symbols/source for FFMPEG within Visual Studio now, so if the crash comes back I'll be able to debug it.