[Libav-user] Encoding with variable frame rate

Kalileo kalileo at universalx.net
Thu May 23 08:58:23 CEST 2013

On May 23, 2013, at 04:22 , Brad O'Hearne wrote:

> On May 22, 2013, at 1:29 PM, Kalileo <kalileo at universalx.net> wrote:
>
>> Please don't complain if you don't find many willing to discuss these theories with you, most here are looking for answers or trying to help others.
>
> I've never been wanting to "discuss theories" -- I am one of those people looking for concrete answers, with source code no less. The only reason people have conjecture about how things work is because it isn't documented anywhere, and the typical one-liner response on this mailing list frequently isn't any roadmap. Want an example?

Some more examples: I just re-read last night other threads on the search for some Info about planar aac which I remembered having seen somewhere here, threads such as "AAC with FLV", "Audio quality loss while encoding ", and "av_samples_fill_arrays and memory".

Please reread them. You'll find the theories you elaborate, the attempts to point you to the errors in the basic assumptions / misunderstandings on which you based your theories (alignment/ packed / planar), then your elaborate justifications of your theories, then some desperate attempts to point you to the errors, and at the end you revisit your assumptions and then it works.

If you expect full code examples to be worked out for you it might indeed be better to hire someone. Otherwise the 'one-liner' you get here is giving you quite often exactly the hint you need to continue.

To any visitors stumbling upon this thread, I apologize for the waste of time.

Over and out.