[Libav-user] Encoding with variable frame rate

Brad O'Hearne brado at bighillsoftware.com
Thu May 23 23:54:05 CEST 2013

On May 23, 2013, at 2:04 PM, Robert Krüger <krueger at lesspain.de> wrote:

> On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 6:28 PM, Brad O'Hearne
> <brado at bighillsoftware.com> wrote:
>> On May 23, 2013, at 8:41 AM, Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com> wrote:
> is posting noise, and interfering in my ability to communicate with
> those on this mailing list who are serious.
>
> now this (the claim he does not belong to the serious people on this
> list) addressed to someone probably belonging to the current top five
> devs in terms of effort and productivity for this project (both in
> terms of contributed code and help provided to users on this list)...
> Please, take a step back and reality-check your statements. You're so
> off-track here.

This isn't debatable anymore, Robert -- this isn't my opinion, these are Paul's words:

> If you actually paid for support I would understand your frustration
> but otherwise
> I just can't consider your mails seriously.

Paul's made a willful effort to impugn both me and my efforts here (and by extension my customer), calling me "troll" and labeling my questions and reported problems "FUD" multiple times, admitting that because money hasn't changed hands, he admits he's not taking my posts seriously. His words, not mine, argue the point with him.

If this is what you choose to exalt as "Top five...", I'm fine with being considered "off-track". I don't want to share in any ideology or number myself with those that considers this kind of behavior professional or acceptable. It is completely counter to the principles of community, collaboration, and productivity.