[Libav-user] Mp3 play using ffmpeg

Anshul Maheshwari er.anshul.maheshwari at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 06:51:23 CET 2013

On Fri, Nov 1, 2013 at 11:16 AM, Anshul Maheshwari
<er.anshul.maheshwari at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 6:54 PM, Yamusani Vinay <yamusanivinay at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I tried playing another mp3 file then at the below line.
>>
>> int res = av_find_stream_info(pFormatCtx);
>>
>> I got res as -1 so this is unable to find stream info..so please help in
>> solving this issue..
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 6:21 PM, Robert Schmidt <rob.f.schmidt86 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> One possibility is that you might be trying to decode a non-audio
>>> packet.  On line 110, after you've read a packet from the file, you
>>> check if your decoding context is for audio, which will always be
>>> true.  What I think you want to do is instead check that the packet
>>> you retrieved is associated with your audio stream and not some other
>>> stream in the file.
>>>
>>> Something like
>>>
>>>     if (packet.stream_index == audioStream)
>>>
>>> It's possible this code worked for a .wav file if the file only had a
>>> single stream containing audio data.
>>>
>>> Hope this helps.
>>>
>>> Rob
>>

> --
> with regards
> Anshul
> :)

Please dont top post over here
and may be getting sigsagv is not at all correct, you should try
filing a bug report and may be someone will put the error checking for
what kind of input you are providing. and please do a discussion in
libav-developer mailing list may be it would help the developers.