[Libav-user] Compile with g++

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Oct 9 00:19:00 CEST 2013

Michael Chisholm <chisholm at ...> writes:

> demuxing.c: In function 'int main(int, char**)':
> demuxing.c:261:66: error: invalid conversion from 'void*' to 'uint8_t**
> {aka unsigned char**}' [-fpermissive]
>           audio_dst_data = av_mallocz(sizeof(uint8_t *) * nb_planes);
>                                                                    ^

demuxing.c is a C program, if you want to compile it
with C++ (why?) you will have to convert it to C++,
just as with any other C program.
(Nothing about this is FFmpeg specific.)

> Is that the kind of error you are seeing (this is from ffmpeg 2.0.1)?

> I am admittedly using an older version of libav (0.8.6)

Just to make sure: This is known to broken (and said to
be exploitable) so please understand that we cannot
support it here.

Carl Eugen