[Libav-user] Extract frames in raw RGB formats

Amir Hossein Rouhi amir.rouhi at rmit.edu.au
Fri Oct 11 04:43:00 CEST 2013

Hi Carl
What the bellow command line generate is a raw image but in YUV 4:2:0
format. what i want is RGB raw image. I know there is a formula to convert
YUV to RGB but i need pure RGB in the file. even i tried to use -pix_fmt
but could not find any parameter for RGB. Would you please give advice?
ffmpeg -i c:\foo.mp4 -r 1 -s 320x240 -vcodec rawvideo -pix_fmt uyvy422 -f
image2 c:\foo-%03d.rgb

On 10 October 2013 17:48, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

> Amir Hossein Rouhi <amir.rouhi at ...> writes:
>
> > I am wondering if anyone can help me how can i use
> > ffmpeg to extract frames in raw RGB image format.
> > The following code does not work:
> > ffmpeg -i foo.mp4 -r 1 -s 320x240 -f image2 foo-%03d.rgb
>
> This is at least missing -vcodec rawvideo
>
> Please add the complete, uncut console output
> when asking for help here.
>
> Carl Eugen

Amir H. Rouhi
Advisor, Statistics & Reporting Unit