[Libav-user] Criteria for h.264 key-frame detection

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Oct 21 20:26:52 CEST 2013

Robert Krüger <krueger at ...> writes:

> I was interested to know how you found out that
> ffmpeg "thinks" the 28th frame is a random access
> point

I concatenated the second until the 29th frame of the
input sample and tested decoding with current FFmpeg.
I also wanted to test with the reference decoder
(that may have answered all our questions) but it
crashes.

I used the reference decoder but ffmpeg -vf showinfo
allows you to see the type of frames.
(I had the suspicion you patched the source to find
out.)

Carl Eugen