[Libav-user] Checking an AVStream position

wm4 nfxjfg at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 5 19:20:52 CEST 2014

On Sat, 5 Apr 2014 14:45:26 +0200
Lucas Soltic <lucas.soltic at orange.fr> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to implement seeking support and I want to get a better understanding of what's happening when I seek for one stream.
> Especially, I suspect that it not seeking only for the requested stream. Does anyone have any clue on this?
>
> And more generally, is there a way to check the stream position?
> I found AVStream.cur_dts but it is not documented so I don't know if this is what I want.

The cur_dts is below this comment:

     * All fields below this line are not part of the public API. They
     * may not be used outside of libavformat and can be changed and
     * removed at will.
     * New public fields should be added right above.
     */

So you must not use it.

I guess the way to determine the "stream position" (whatever that is) is
by looking at the first packet returned by av_read_frame() for the
stream.