[Libav-user] How can i calculate the frame length of an audio file with FFMPEG API

Emanuele Guzzetti phates89 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 20:36:19 CEST 2014

How can i calculate the frame length of an audio file with FFMPEG API? I'm
writing my app in visual c++ 2013 based on ffmpeg C Api. I managed to open
my audio file and use ffmpeg to get some info about the file
(av_dump_format) but i don't know how to get the single audio frame length.
I know every format has its own length and method to get it but ffmpeg
allows to get parts of the audio file without to reencode so it have to
know this. How can i get it? Maybe decoding the first frame only and
getting the length? There are better methods?