[Libav-user] wav VS raw

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Apr 8 14:47:03 CEST 2014

ReSearchIT Eng <researchiteng at ...> writes:

> ./ffmpeg.exe -loglevel debug -y -vn -f s16le -ac 1
> -ar 16000 -acodec pcm_s16le -sample_fmt s16 -i 684.wav

Your questions are difficult to understand...

Lets start with the simple things:
Please remove everything starting with "-f" until "s16":
If "ffmpeg -i 684.wav" does not work as expected, please
report back / try to set some values that you seem to believe
are necessary (but shouldn't be).
Once that works, try to understand what "-f" does and why you
should only use it for raw pcm files (in this case).

(I wonder what -sample_fmt means: I test often and I believe
I never used it...)

Carl Eugen