[Libav-user] FFmpeg libavcodec examples

wm4 nfxjfg at googlemail.com
Sun Apr 13 17:04:08 CEST 2014

On Sat, 12 Apr 2014 19:41:59 -0700
Ken Bass <daytooner at gmail.com> wrote:

> The example I am working with now is the "libavcdec/api-example" on your
> site @ /doxygen/0.6/api-example_8c-source.html.

Yep, like others pointed out, this is ancient. Almost completely
different API if you look at the details.

> (BTW: the one "issue" that REALLY hurt was that the libraries are all "C"
> only. It was a simple solution for me to enclose the library headers with
> extern "C", but it would have been nice if someone had mentioned it
> somewhere obvious :-( ).

This probably can't be fixed anymore, because I don't think these
"extern" blocks can be nested. So if extern blocks would be added to
the ffmpeg public headers, every single downstream C++ program would
break.