[Libav-user] How to set bit_rate for MPEG4/2

Harald Schlangmann harry at gps-laptimer.de
Sun Apr 20 21:20:54 CEST 2014

One new observation:

When setting rc_min_rate and rc_max_rate to bit_rate, the bitrate for the video written matches the definition.
The odd thing is it kind of takes forever now. It seems the system requires lots of iterations to enforce the bit_rate range…
Please understand “forever” as a factor 10 or so. Too much to be used.

Does this add a hint on what is wrong?

Greetings Harald

-
Harald Schlangmann
Antwerpener Str. 52, 50672 Köln, Germany
+49 151 2265 4439
Harry at gps-laptimer.de
www.gps-laptimer.de