[Libav-user] Problems decoding mp3 files

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Mon Apr 28 10:19:00 CEST 2014

b.mcdonagh at ... <b.mcdonagh at ...> writes:

> I have built ffmpeg with libmp3lame (latest version)
> included and I get no errors when opening the mp3 decoder.

Please note that libmp3lame is not used (in the sense of
"it cannot be used by FFmpeg") to decode mp3.
To simplify things, you should probably recompile FFmpeg
without libmp3lame.

> //yyy = avformat_find_stream_info(inputAudioFormat, NULL);
> //qDebug() << " crashes above line if not commented out
> ...after find stream info inputAudioFormat res=" << yyy;

Maybe you want to tell us more about the crash?
(I hope you agree that if *inputAudioFormat is a valid
AVFormatContext no crash should happen / that such a
crash is an important issue that we would like to hear
about.)

Did you already run fate on your target to confirm that
your compilation was fine?
(Many people have reported here that compilation for qnx
"fails" for them but nobody so far has added enough
information so that we could help...)

Please do not top-post here, it is considered rude.
It is also a good idea if you force your mailer to
text-only for this mailing list.

Carl Eugen