[Libav-user] [FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg and OPW

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Fri Aug 8 03:32:04 CEST 2014

Hi all

On Fri, Aug 01, 2014 at 03:16:31AM +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi all
>
> OPW (Outreach Program for Women) is twice per year (compared to google
> summer of code which is just once a year)
>
> FFmpeg can participate in the next round but we need to fund at least
> 1 intern/student (6250 USD) for that. OPW is not run by a large
> corporation with deep pockets.
>
> Thus my mail here, if you are/represent a company or know one who does
> and who uses and benefits from FFmpeg, and has the financial resources,
> please consider to donate or ask/forward this mail.
>
> Why should you donate?
> Well the money will be used to fund a intern working on and improving
> FFmpeg. (assuming there will be a intern who wants to work on FFmpeg
> in OPW)

1 week passed, 3 weeks left
Companies and individuals sofar have donated 105 USD to our ffmpeg-opw
account.
Thanks to the donators for their support of the FFmpeg free
software community!

Note, we do need at a minimum 6250 USD

Thanks!

Concerning the gods, I have no means of knowing whether they exist or not
or of what sort they may be, because of the obscurity of the subject, and
the brevity of human life -- Protagoras