[Libav-user] AV_CODEC_ID_SMPTE_KLV not recognized

Sears, Zachary zachary.sears at lmco.com
Wed Aug 13 17:53:33 CEST 2014

Hello,

I am trying to create an application that can add a KLV data stream into an MPEG-TS stream.  I started with the muxing.C example and have everything working as far as creating a valid MPEG-TS video, but when I try and include the KLV stream the encoder can't be found.  In particular it is failing when I try AVCodec *codec = avcodec_find_encoder(AV_CODEC_ID_SMPTE_KLV), it returns with a failure to open the encoder.  When I add the video stream the codec id is AV_CODEC_ID_MPEG2VIDEO which it finds perfectly fine and everything works just fine.  I am using ffmpeg 2.1.4.

I also have a known good sample video that has KLV metadata in it and when I try to use ffprobe on that video it finds both streams but returns with "Unsupported codec with id 1263294017 for input stream 1" where input stream 1 is the KLV stream.  Could it just be that I missed a flag at compile time, or simply need a newer version of FFMPEG?

Thanks for any help