[Libav-user] EXTERNAL: Re: AV_CODEC_ID_SMPTE_KLV not recognized

Anthony Clark clark.anthony.g at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 19:50:22 CEST 2014

Zachary,
I'm attempting to do the *exact* same thing. I'm working on a KLV enc/dec
pair for ffmpeg but I will not be able to release it :(.

However, if you grep ffmpeg's source (I'm working with 1.2.5), I see plenty
of references (~10) to KVL in the MXF files. While this doesn't give a hint
on how to create a new stream like you want, you can see it can be done -
and I think the mxf KLV stuff is why that codec tag exists in ffmpeg at all.

I hope someone else can shed some more light on this. Very soon I will be
putting my KLV enc/dec functions into a working ffmpeg "plugin" - thus
creating a av_stream with my custom codec (and eventually into an MPEG2
muxer).

I wish you luck and I will report back here with my findings / code /
progress. Sadly, you shouldn't count on me for this - but I will do my best
to rely the information back.

-anthony